Saturday, 3 October 2026

WORD DIARY: SUNDAY OCTOBER 4, 2026

 

#Beware of disobedience!..


Jer. 23: 33-34 “When these people, or a prophet or a priest, ask you, ‘What is the message from the Lord?’ say to them, ‘What message? I will forsake you, declares the Lord.’ If a prophet or a priest or anyone else claims, ‘This is a message from the Lord,’ I will punish them and their household.

#Message from God!

Jer. 23: 35-36 This is what each of you keeps saying to your friends and other Israelites: ‘What is the Lord’s answer?’ or ‘What has the Lord spoken?’ But you must not mention ‘a message from the Lord’ again, because each one’s word becomes their own message. So you distort the words of the living God, the Lord Almighty, our God.

#Message from man!

Jer. 23: 37-38 This is what you keep saying to a prophet: ‘What is the Lord’s answer to you?’ or ‘What has the Lord spoken?’ Although you claim, ‘This is a message from the Lord,’ this is what the Lord says: You used the words, ‘This is a message from the Lord,’ even though I told you that you must not claim, ‘This is a message from the Lord.’

#Beware of disobedience!

Jer. 23: 39-40 Therefore, I will surely forget you and cast you out of my presence along with the city I gave to you and your ancestors. I will bring on you everlasting disgrace—everlasting shame that will not be forgotten.”

Let us pray: Father God, we receive the grace for disobedience in the name of Jesus

#Life questions and meditation:

1. What message have you received from God?

2. Are you working in alignment with the message from God?

#WordDiary #TheWordtoLiveBy #StartWithGod #TakeTheWordChallenge #EdenSquareChristianAssembly #BuildingATotalYou #Edensquaretv #BasilChukwuezi

Postscript

Ecclesiastes 7:29 This only have I found: God made mankind upright, but men have gone in search of many schemes.

God, more than earthly manufacturers, created a perfect mankind; and like every manufacturer, He gave the Bible as the manual. As we brush our teeth and eat every day, so much do we need to look into that manual for daily living and thereby prevent a malfunction inherent in seeking our many devices.

These verses and the accompanying nuggets are meant to start you out every day. But you need a personal relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ. It will help to contact a Bible believing church near you.

For comments, questions and general counsel follow me at basil.chukwuezi on Facebook,  @BasilChukwuezi on Twitter, Instagram, basilchukwuezi and my blog,  http://kingdomstreet.blogspot.com. Email: edensquareassembly@yahoo.com. All scriptures are from the New International Version (NIV). Please kindly like and share to others.

God bless you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment