Monday 20 April 2015

SEE PARIS… AND LIVE!



Apart from London, which is also home to me, the other European city I have always wanted to visit is Paris. There is this attraction about it, perhaps from all I have read and heard about it, or seen on television and the movies. This may also be true for other people all over the world; otherwise how come the saying “See Paris… and live” (my version of course!)


I decided to act on my desire by obtaining a Schengen visa prior to my recent visit to London. And not wanting to worry about hotel accommodation, I arranged a day tourist trip accompanied by my family.

Paris did not disappoint, especially with the excellent logistic support of my friend and brother from a Beninese mother, Chris Ajavun. From Gallieni to Place de la Bastille, Republique, Champ de Mars Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe, Palais Royal Musee du Louvre, La Pyramide to Chapms Elysees; we saw Paris in blitz.


I am developing a story idea which is also a challenge to our incoming president, General Muhammadu Buhari. That will be a subject for another post. For now, enjoy  some of the sights of Paris…
Chris et Basil

No comments:

Post a Comment